Life Lately | Looking Back on 2016 & Goals for 2017

January 3, 2017
Happy 2017!

I don't mean to make an emotional, long-*ss post that takes up forever to think up but I think it's worth the effort... at least for this kind of post. I'm not a super eventful person, everyone knows this; if I don't have to do something, I will most likely not do it willingly. That being said, I did not have any obligations for making 2016 the best year ever so I didn't. Many things did happen, however, so I think it's worth recapping a few. But, overall, this year has not been what I expected.


Academically wise, 2016 has been my toughest year yet. I finished my second and began my third year of college which means my classes are getting tougher and more loaded and this reduces my amount of "chill" time drastically. I'm not proud of my academic achievements this year; I think I could have done a thousand times better but many things got in the way of this, including my health. I had great hopes of developing my blog over the Fall semester and actually trying to make it a "part-time job" since I was investing so much time in it. Turns out, my studies took over my chill time (all up to the point where I slept for 3 hours a night, two weeks in a row, multiple times in the semester) so I didn't have time to create content for my blog. I don't aspire to become an influential person from this, nor I aspire to actually make a living out of this blog, either. The main reason why I do this is because I love beauty, and fashion, and style, and learning about different trinkets and ways of living life. I'm slowly becoming an old woman (or an adult, however you wanna call it) so I'm interested in getting to know the ways to make life "work", in all its aspects.

Beauty wise, I walked outside of my shell this year and bought many products I thought would be impossible for me to even achieve to try out. I reached out into the "high-end" side of the beauty world and got to experience luxurious beauty for the first time - although I realize "luxurious" is relative to everyone. Never had I imagined of buying a $45+ foundation/cushion or buying skin care directly from South Korea worth over $50... but I did (don't tell my mom, though). I currently own enough products to make a complete 10-step skin care routine possible. I took some pics of my favorite finds and some products I kind of "resurected" from the vault. Literally, some days I can go out with just wearing a thin coat of the IOPE cushion because it makes my skin so bright and even. I've never found something like it. Also, the brow wiz from ABH is a godsend to me, I haven't figured out how to go on from it onto another product. The Klairs serum (I wrote a review here) is the one thing that revives my skin if it is dull or dry or even if I'm going through a breakout phase.

I'm very pleased with all the things I did learn this year, though. I discovered a really passionate love for Korean beauty and European style. I started learning Japanese and I still continue to learn it (specially thanks to my amazing friend Erika). We also went to Disney World over the summer, how could I forget! I got bangs, found out I have the biggest obsession with K-pop (more specifically BTS, where have I been the last 3 years of my life? Wait, I just answered this... I had no life because I've been in college for the past 3 years, duh), I cut my hair super short (no rAgrets), and a bunch of other things that made me grow as a person.

In 2017, I want to get good grades, firstly and foremost to anything else. I really want to make this blogging thing work. It's tough but nobody said it wasn't. I want to come up with a posting schedule and stick to it. Now that I have a nifty camera, I want to learn how to take amazing pictures, edit them, and make it look like I know what I'm doing (excuse this shitty one I took for this post, I'm still playing around and trying to figure out my photography style). I want to have good quality posts that are informative and educative, not just "pretty". I wish I can become more engaged on social media and gain more readership because I want internet friends *cries*. But, most importantly, since I turn 21 on 2017, I want to become more mature and less naive. I feel like it will be a year where I should put some effort into looking, thinking and acting like a grown-up.

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year 2017! Should we put some effort into making it the best year yet?

PS: I know I'm late but 생일 축하, 태태!! 사랑해!!
SaveSave
Post Comment
Post a Comment



FOLLOW @GENBURGOS


Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature