Following Trends

January 5, 2017
I really like trends. Especially because they're trends and don't last too long. I'm not big on social trends, though, (the mannequin challenge and dabbing are not my fields of interest at all) but anything fashion and beauty related, I'm all in.

I'm a Sagittarius at heart which means I'm a free spirit and tend to change pretty frequently. I recently learned a lot about all of this horoscope shiz and realized how relevant everything is to my personality and everything I do. If I were to look back at the person I was 5 years ago, I wouldn't be able to recognize her - both physically and personally. I'm more confident and more independent now, with a lot of reason since I'm 20 years old already, not 15.


I find that style changes a lot from New York to Puerto Rico. I definitely am more New Yorker in this sense because Puerto Rican fashion is very colorful - very adequate for the climate and weather. New York fashion is very monochrome and neutral, mostly all black, and it hits me right in the feels. I'm often made fun of because my outfits are constantly black-on-black, even in scalding weather. But hashtag #SorryNotSorry because that's just how it is!

Recently, there's been this "hype" with dirty-pink shades. I wasn't bothered at first because colors don't really appeal to me. But, it's everywhere. And everyone and their mother keeps wearing it, using it, talking about it - I couldn't be left behind, right? (It even fits with the hues of my blog!) I like it because it's such a faint color that fits with all blacks, grays and whites. Also, the weather this season is so favorable for these shades, I can't resist. I already own a scarf, a beret and eyeshadow to compliment the outfit.

Coincidentally, I found this beret in this pink shade at Nordstrom the other day and you would never imagine my excitement. Berets are also making a comeback this season so, finding one in this color felt like a jackpot to me.

I also feel like cross-body bags are trending lately but, when are they not? They make life so easy because they restrict the amount of shiz I carry around (which is mostly unnecessary to me). Around Thanksgiving time, I noticed a bunch of girls carrying mini cross-body bags, mostly in black and with half-leather-half-chained straps, and this sparked yet another interest in me so I had to go get me a freaking bag. I went and bought a bag the very next day I made this conclusion, believe it or not, but I ended up returning it because, as a 20 year old who has to make mature-yet-perhaps-irrational conclusions/decisions, I decided to spend this money on a designer bag instead. I figured they're more durable and classic and never fall out of style so the splurge wouldn't hurt too much. I ended up getting the mini Christie Carryall bag from Coach as a Christmas gift and it made me super happy.

Beauty wise, I love dewy skin. No, I don't mean sparkly, highlighter-sourced dew. I mean hydrated, moisturized, healthy, and glowy skin. I guess since we're in Winter time, we want the complete opposite of what we have, since this season really dries out the skin. I love taking care of my skin naturally so it doesn't bother me paying extra attention to achieve the glow. But, whenever I see skin that is so healthy that it flushes naturally, I feel the feels.

What are some trends you love or want to try? I keep changing and would love to learn about new and/or international trends and move forward to new ones so help a girl out!
SaveSave
Post Comment
Post a Comment



FOLLOW @GENBURGOS


Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature