New Update (feat. HAUL)

September 21, 2016


I hate the fact that I'm only posting updates instead of beauty content but today I want to share what's been happening:

My phone, with which I take all of my blog pictures, died this past Monday and, ever since then, I've been MIA from all social media. This makes posting impossible because I had no way of taking my own pictures for you guys. However, I went to Manhattan on Saturday to get things fixed and I ended up with another phone. Because it's not my iPhone 6, I don't know how the pictures are going to look so I hope you guys forgive the lack of HQ in the mean time, while I save up all my money to buy myself a nifty camera!

Also, because it's New York, I bought a bunch of things while I was walking around so I thought why not share my things as a haul with everyone. I don't know if this happens to you but every time I go to New York, I get hit by culture shock and I always end up wanting to have the style, accessories and things everyone is sporting in the streets. I don't know, just something I thought to share...


I never know how to organize myself whenever I go to New York so I end up walking way too much... way more than I should, at least. However, this time, I was determined. I read somewhere that there was an Aritaum store around Chinatown (which was the one closest/nearest to where I was at the moment) so I went on my journey looking for it.

It's a tiny little store but they sell a few of the most popular high-end Korean beauty brands like Laneige, 3CE, IOPE, etc. I really recommend going, especially to the location I went to (even if it's a bit hard to get there because there are no near subway stops, at Catherine St between Bowery and East Broadway) because the eonnis (lol at my Hangugeo attempt) that work there were so sweet and helpful. They worked very hard to match me with the right color of cushion foundation, they helped me find skin care options according to my skin type and they told me how to join their membership to get free cash back! I also received so many samples, I was super excited to get back to my dorm haha.

IOPE Air Cushion XP (My shade is N 23, Natural Beige)

I also went a little clothes-shopping because fall is coming (that's a good enough excuse, right?). I stopped at Topshop looking for a black sweater (because somehow everyone in NY is wearing simple black sweaters and I wanted and still want one so bad) but ended up buying this oversized "distressed" blue tee. I really like it because the sleeves are somewhat long and reach my elbows which makes me feel like I'm wearing a sleeping shirt.

I then stopped at Uniqlo because ever since I found the perfect jeans I have an obsession with the store. I realized that apparently it's a really Asian store because most people that were there with me at the store at SoHo were either Korean or Chinese. However, I found these dress pants that stop just at the ankles and they look more casual than dressy which I really liked for everyday wear in the cold weather that's coming.


In regards to my phone, I currently have a cheap Android that kind of replaces my iPhone. It works super similarly to iPhone so I don't feel like I miss it that much (which is what the salesman from my carrier predicted and that I would end up switching to Android once I can buy a proper actualized phone haha). But, for now, this will do until my contract is done. I'm happy and unstressed now so I hope to be able to bring you prompt content from now on!

I'm actually liking this natural lighting and editing on my pictures. I don't know about you guys, how's the pictures in the post? Do you enjoy them or should I work harder on them? Of course, quality cannot beat what I had been posting before so I truly apologize for that but hopefully, by the end of the year, I'll be able to bring you top quality pictures!

Follow
SaveSave
Post Comment
Post a Comment



FOLLOW @GENBURGOS


Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature