My Current Night-Time Moisturizer • Belif's Aqua Bomb

September 9, 2016


It's kinda sad to think that Summer is over and that Fall is on its way to make my life more miserable than it is already starting to be. But, I like to be an early riser and prepare myself for the harsh winter weather that will most likely make its appearance sooner than later. That is why I have taken the task of finding a good, quenching moisturizer that will hydrate my skin sufficiently in order for me not to have any dry flakes or redness around my cheeks. Cue in Belif's True Cream Aqua Bomb--aka the mother of all moisturizers.

PS: I want to apologise for the tardiness of this post. My college life is consuming me slowly and I am being drowned with a bunch of school work and lab reports that I still haven't started but are due either on Monday or Tuesday (and it's Sunday today). I hope you guys don't mind but I'll be posting less frequently and on a different schedule (Wednesdays & Saturdays apparently work best for me) so I hope you guys are here to anticipate our new post of the week!

PSS: Also, a bunch of new features and collabs are coming your way (which is part of why I'm so busy all the time). Please keep in touch!



Ahem... now, back to the moisturizer.

Whenever I come back to school from being too long back home in PR, my skin reacts so weirdly. I attribute this to the fact that the air in the US is so dry compared to the humidity in PR and I always have cracked, dry skin in those first few weeks of me coming back and during Winter time (in which the air is even drier). I am always looking for either a good humidifier to salvage my skin, or a great moisturizer.

I recently learned that belif is a cruelty-free Korean brand that, for the most part, can be found at Sephora. They have a complete array of skin care products; from toners, to sheet masks, to essences and everything in between. Their products are made with a bunch of natural ingredients, which is essentially the motto of their company. I was instantly drawn in, not only because the Aqua Bomb has gotten such amazing reviews but also, because their company stands for such great principles!


Rate: 
What are my thoughts?
I honestly love this moisturizer. I appreciate the gel consistency, specially during these hot Summer times, because it feels really refreshing and sort-of cooling. It has a freshly-squeezed lemon-juice scent that smells so clean and nice. There's more to it, I mean, the scent isn't only just lemony, it's herby and clean... (Idk, I'm not that good with scents apparently). Perhaps this might bother some of you which is why I'm mentioning it but it is such a relaxing scent...

As for the texture, it is a thick gel consistency that looks blue-ish on the container but applies clear onto the skin. It isn't sticky, for the most part, it just feels like a really cool gel "mask" that applies evenly and without a mess.

I recommend using this moisturizer during the night, unless your goal is to look like a moist disco ball during the day, because it quenches your skin so much to the point where it looks like you're glowing from within (no need for highlighting or any sort)!

The only thing that bothers me is the fact that it doesn't come with a reusable spoon so that you don't have to touch the product every time you use it but I recommend investing in one because (1) it makes your life easier and (2) maintains your product's freshness and purity for longer.

It is an expensive moisturizer, and I am briefly aware of that. However, even though I am 19-going-on-20, I am starting to care more for my skin's health. This is why I have taken the task of engaging more into brands that provide more quality than quantity because it is what's most important for me now, and should be for everyone, too!



Have you given belif's True Cream Aqua Bomb a try? What about its more creamy counterpart, the True Cream Moisturizing Bomb? Which do you love best?

Follow
Post Comment
Post a Comment



FOLLOW @GENBURGOS


Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature