And The Cycle Begins | Check & Wishlist Lately

February 9, 2017


 There's so many things I've been postponing and delaying lately. There's actually an official term for this: PROCRASTINATION. I don't know why I've been consumed so deeply into just pushing my things aside to do other things that aren't really productive (like taking naps, taking looong showers, playing games, etc) but it's taking an effect on my social and academic life, that's for sure. So, in order to bring balance once again into my life and just get a sense of the things that have been going on in my mind, I want to make this virtual checklist of the things I want to do in the near future, and the things that have been happening.

+ First of all, I haven't posted anything in a week. I completely fail at punctuality. The truth is, because I've been delaying all of these things (including college work), I haven't had time to come up with posts + take pictures + post + promote.

From now on, I will try to post on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10:00 am EST, as an effort to become more responsible and active!

+ Another aspect of this blogging journey that I haven't really explored or engaged in is promotion. I fail at social media; I haven't used my personal Instagram in about 6 or so months. It's a miracle the Twitter page for this blog is even active and that's because Bloglovin' is amazing and does the posting for me. But, I seek to create an account where I can reach out to my readers (if there are any, lol) and make every post count. So, watch out for a link to a new Instagram account dedicated to this blog!

+ I really wish I could edit my blog so that it has a nice custom home page with a calendar and everything. I'm still learning how to do this so I guess I'm just warning you of new changes to come for the layout of the page. Of course, this won't happen nowhere near now but I'm just saying.

+ Even though I've been studying and busy lately, I still find some time to educate myself on the happenings of the world. I preordered BTS's new comeback CD directly from Korea and I'm a little disappointed in this only because I know it will arrive to my hands much later than actually going to K-town a few days after the release. But, by preordering it, I'm guaranteed some extra merchandise so even though I'm disappointed, I'm excited. (But, don't get me started on shipping costs wth)

+ I found out about the KonMari method of tidying a few days ago and have been obsessed ever since. I have a big obsession with simplicity and minimalism and the KonMari method is just up my alley. I think it is very religious; dare I say, vey buddhist? There's this element of detachment and letting go of the things you don't need in your life because they don't bring happiness, which I think is a great concept to consider when tidying up (even though I am not buddhist).

The KonMari method is inspired by Japanese culture, since it was created my Marie Kondo who is Japanese. I've been so intrigued by the Japanese lifestyle lately because it is very simple and they try to maintain everything minimal. Even the fashion is this way and I'm all up for it. So, needless to say, I'm fortunate to be learning Japanese these days because Tokyo 2020 hell yeah.


+ That being said, I was also intrigued by how the Japanese interpret this into their beauty regimes. Turns out, J-beauty is like a concoction of K-beauty and F-beauty and, if you know me, you'll know that this looks like the thing I've always wanted. The ideal is simplistic, using ancient products that have a long history of being effective, but incorporating elements such as sheet masks and essences to achieve healthy looking skin, while caring and paying attention to the needs of your complexion. As for makeup, they try to be as minimal as possible with the hopes to create a natural healthy look. Literally everything I want.

+ Last but not least, my ultimate goal for this year is to become more tidy. And, this applies to my studies as well - tidy in the sense of becoming more responsible and less procrastinative (is that even a word?). I actually like getting sh*t done and feeling like a powerful woman who can do anything. But, somehow napping gets the best of me (have you noticed how my About page picture is me sleeping?). So, my goal is to sleep more at night so I won't want to nap during the day. This way, I can also wake up earlier and get more stuff done in the span of that day.

I really need to stop the procrastination cycle from getting any more intense or lasting any longer.
What do you struggle with the most? I get a sense that we all are procrastinators who aren't even ashamed.

These pictures literally have nothing to do with the text in this post. I'm trying to get in the habit of taking pictures for every post because this makes it look prettier and organized. It also gives it a little sense of cohesion (even though that does not apply here, lol). Nevertheless, hope you enjoy a creepy view into my dorm room...
Post Comment
Post a Comment



FOLLOW @GENBURGOS


Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature