What I Got for the Holidays

January 12, 2017

I'm Latina so I can't really make "What I Got for Christmas" posts and then talk about everything I got because people would get the wrong impression that I am spoiled. In catholic-prominent countries, we extend the Holidays all up until almost halfway through January, although in Puerto Rico they kind of last until the day before Valentine's day (let's be real). On January 6th we celebrate Epiphany, or the Three Wise Men day, and we celebrate it almost like Christmas and get/give presents. This is the main reason why I have many things featured in this post, and I also included things I bought randomly through vacations.

I already wrote this in another post (read here) but I got a mini Christie Carryall bag from Coach for Christmas and I think I fell in love. It's black with gold hardware and I love it because most of my accessories, with the exception of my Tiffany necklace that I tend to wear everywhere, have golden detailing. It's sturdy and so compact; however, I can still fit my DSLR and lens in it and it works because I don't travel with much anyways.


I got a blow-dryer and curler as my Epiphany gifts. I realized right before I came back from school that my blow-dryer was only blowing cool air (which is not very useful) so I had buying a blow-dryer on my to-do list for quite some time. So, naturally, I was super happy to get one as a gift and this one from CHI is super quiet but potent which is all I ever needed.

Funny story with this curler is that, initially, my gift was a straightening iron but since my hair is naturally straight, I don't really need further "straightening" after lightly blow-drying my hair... so I exchanged it for a curling wand. This curling wand from Revive was so much cheaper than the straightening iron that I could buy a couple of other things, so I bought a bareMinerals Illuminating Lotion thingie (that I haven't really figured out yet, as you can see), and a skincare set from Tatcha which is a brand I've been wanting to try out for so long now. I guess everything turned out on my favor, right? (laughs) I received all of this from Marshalls.


The list of things I bought over the break is almost never-ending. I mean, the pile of stuff I kept popping out to take pictures of shocked me so much and it's the main reason why I cry at night because I might not be able to go to BTS's concert (I'm kidding). I've been wanting a shadow palette for a while and specifically one that had like a taupe-purple color and I found the TruNaked Roses one from CoverGirl and I super love it. I haven't played enough with it but the colors are so dreamy and blend really nicely which is the most you can ask for in drugstore shadows.

I bought quite a lot of skincare, starting with a Bee Venom mask (which is a really popular ingredient in South Korea, apparently), a couple of belif Aqua Bomb 100 points perk from Sephora, and a bunch of sheet masks from Tony Moly. I also bought a brow-pomade contraption thing from L'Oreal and a waterline brush from Kiko Milano. Also, I'm sorry I'm not listing the products and things I got properly, or linking them, but it's because I'm planning on doing review / makeup look posts in the future featuring these products.

Lastly, I bought a pink beret from Nordstrom that has me head over heels.


I keep listing and it just feels surreal to me how many things are in this list. But, beyond the material things listed here, I'm beyond satisfied and happy that I got to spend time with my family. I ate so much, which is almost incredible to believe because right before I left uni I wasn't eating well / at all so, I'm glad I got to pick up my appetite which is healthier than not eating at all.

I've been working really hard to understand my camera! I've never taken photography classes before so I'm just taking tips from friends and family who have and I guess I just have to keep practicing. My editing skills are nowhere near what I want my pictures to look like and this stresses me more than not being able to understand my camera. I don't have any editing apps on my computer which I guess is a really big factor but, it's up on the wish list.

Now with only one week left before college starts back again, my family is making sure to use me all up because I'm the only one who drives at home apart from my parents and, since they work, they usually need me to carry out chores or just get stuff done that needs more time or whatever. I don't mind, I actually like this because I get out of my house which is what I most like since I'm always trapped in my dorm room once I go back to school. Nevertheless, I don't want to go back! I mean, I'm home - I never want to leave home.
Post Comment
Post a Comment



FOLLOW @GENBURGOS


Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature