NYX • Microbrow Pencil

September 2, 2016

The dupe you've been waiting for.

It's not a secret that brows are the big topic of the moment. You'd think that they would be old news by how fast trends are flying by these days but having a perfectly-arched brow that fits into the "on fleek" category has never been so in. I've been just as heavily influenced as the next beauty-obsessed person to have the perfect brows sitting across my forehead. Therefore, I've taken the job of finding the perfect tool for making this happen super seriously (I don't want to admit, but I've probably tried over 10 brow products, which doesn't sound too bad for any other makeup hoarder but I DON'T HAVE THE BUDGET TO SUPPORT THIS *EXCLAMATION POINTS X 1000*!!).

I'm one of those people that swears by the ABH Brow Wiz just because the formula is the most suitable to draw your eyebrows in, not on; also, the shade range is so diverse that there's always going to be a pencil color just for you. However, I'm also one of those people who can't spend $21 every now and then to have the perfect brows so I've taken upon me the task of finding a perfect dupe for slightly cheaper, if that's even possible.


Cue in NYX's Microbrow Pencil. Many people have said that this pencil is the perfect dupe for the Brow Wiz but I beg to differ just a bit. This is why I wanted to create this post to let you guys know how they compare and how they are similar because, if you're as concerned as me to find a replacement, you'll want to have your money's worth for quality, as well!


I own my pencils in the colors Ash Brown and Espresso.


Rate: 
What are my thoughts?
NYX's pencil has the exact same packaging as the ABH Brow Wiz but, instead of being black and gold, it is black and white. The color selection is pretty broad but, since you can't really try each shade and check to see if it fits your haircolor, it's difficult to find your perfect shade (hence the fact that I own two pencils in different shades). Price wise, it's pretty affordable. It's actually quite expensive for a drugstore product (around $11) but, compared to ABH's $21, it's doable.

Why 4 stars instead of 5? The texture is pretty rough for a person with hairy brows (like mine) and it's quite difficult at first because you have to keep redoing what you already marked in order for it to show up. It's difficult for me to fill my eyebrows in because I have to keep pressing on them to have the product stick and look visible. Of course, this is in comparison to ABH's pencil which is super smooth and draws in nicely. What I'm saying is that, if you've tried the Brow Wiz before, you'll find that this pencil is quite rough but if you haven't been influenced yet, this pencil is probably the best one yet.

I would totally recommend this pencil if you can find a shade that fits you. It's super accessible because it can be found at Walgreens, Walmart, Target, online, etc. I find that the shade Espresso fits my eyebrows since my hair and brows are almost black themselves and this shade is pretty cool-toned which doesn't make your brows pop out of your forehead (which is something I try to avoid). However, the shade Ash Brown is the ideal shade to make faux freckles! It's so curious and totally not the purpose of the pencil but this shade gives freckles that natural, barely-there look.

Have you guys given this pencil a try? Did you love it?

Follow
SaveSave
Post Comment
Post a Comment



FOLLOW @GENBURGOS


Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature