Too Cool For School • The Escalator Mascara

August 9, 2016

No matter your personality or style, mascara is the one thing we all love to use to boost our looks from time to time (c'mon, it's true, even if you hate makeup). Let me tell you, finding an awesome CF mascara is harder than it looks (might be a bit harder than finding Pikachu on Pokémon Go tsk). Some mascaras work for a bit, some others dry up too quickly (I'll bring you the guilties in upcoming posts) but, TCFS's Escalator Mascara changed the game for me and hopefully it'll change it for you, too!

Too Cool For School (TCFS) is a super cool and fun Korean brand that's based in NYC but follows all Korean beauty trends. Incidentally, I was bound to be interested. They cary makeup products along with some skincare, too! I haven't tried anything else from them, to be completely honest, but their packaging and concept are so interesting that it'll make that change soon enough.

This mascara claims to do it all: volume, length, and curl! The wand side has a twisty cap that makes the wand scrunch up like an accordion; if you twist it off, it gives you length and curl, if you twist it together, it gives you volume. It's washable, but claims to give you long-lasting effects.


  • It's a tubing mascara, meaning that it should be removed carefully with warm(ish) water, but you'll see no smearing or makeup melting off your face because it literally comes off as black little tubes.
  • What this means is that the mascara provides more hold of your curl, length, look, etc. If you cry or get caught in the rain, your mascara won't melt away unless you rub your eyes!
  • The escalator is a $25 CF mascara you can find at Sephora, Korean online stores, or at their website.

Rate: 
What are my thoughts?
Like I said before, finding a good CF mascara is one of the hardest tasks ever but I think we finally nailed it. I personally love this mascara because it really does curl my impossibly-straight lashes for the longest time possible. It's economic for a mascara sold at Sephora, and it makes me feel excited every time I wear it!

Why do I give it 4 stars instead of 5? After the mascara dries up, and I start blinking normally again (because, you know, you don't wanna ruin your mascara while it's still wet), it feels very solid/heavy on my lashes and, sometimes, I feel like it impales my inner waterline. If I'm careful enough and not bring the wand close enough to my lash line when I apply the mascara, it dries up perfectly and I have the best day ever. But, I blame this all on the fact that it is a tubing mascara so it keeps building up after each application so each coat gets thicker with each brush swipe. Can be easily avoidable but still a bit annoying enough to lose a star :(

Have you given the Escalator a try before? Have you guys found any other awesome CF mascaras? Let me know!

Follow
Post Comment
Post a Comment



FOLLOW @GENBURGOS


Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature