The Makeup Sponge That Changed The Game • Review

July 13, 2016
One of the things that we often forget about when thinking and going through a CF shift is our makeup tools and brushes. That is why today I am sharing with you one of the best tools I have found yet while in this journey of beauty hunting. Not only is the Miracle Complexion Sponge by Real Techniques a CF alternative and awesome product, it is also affordable and makes your life super easy.

Why would a sponge make my life easier? Firstly, this sponge can work in a diverse amount of ways. It can be dampen and used to mix and apply wet products such as foundation, concealer, and cream contour/blush, making the application more moist and dewy-like. It can also be used dry to apply powder products for baking or spreading the product evenly. The structure of the sponge is advantageous because the flat side can favor the bigger areas of the face and baking, while the pointy side is awesome for the corners of the nose and inner corners of the eyes, as well.

PROS:
+ It is super soft and fluffy; makes for an even application.
+ Doesn't trap too much of the product since it helps use up all of the product placed on it.
+ Helps make the application process so much faster and minimal! I can apply foundation, concealer and set my undereyes in one go.
+ It's very affordable and accessible; they are sold at the drugstore and are a super convenient CF option.
+ It gives a super lovely dewy/glowy finish since it adds moisture to my foundation/concealer and helps me not have too dry eyelids by the end of the day.
+ Cleans thoroughly (in comparison to another sponge I used from essentialtools that, even though I kept adding the cleansing product, the makeup was still glued to the sponge), and quickly!b

CONS:
+ They are high-maintenance in the sense that they need to be cleaned for often than brushes.
+ Not super accessible for those people who do their makeup on the bus/subway/car as they work their best when they are damp.
+ Breaks easily (?); since I've had mine for less than 3 months and a chuck of the flat side already fell off (although I blame it on my roughness when cleaning it).

Find your sponge here:

Have you tried this sponge already? Do you prefer using a sponge or brush to apply your base makeup?
Post Comment
Post a Comment



FOLLOW @GENBURGOS


Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature